python 2.3.4 installation as framework (Mac OSX): test failed

Sven Hilmahr

Hello,
I tried to do a Python 2.3.4 framework installation on my Mac OS X
10.3.5. I configured as described in /Mac/OSX/ReadMe:

../configure --enable-framework

But on make test, one test failed:

test test_macostools failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/sven/Downloads/Python-2.3.4/Lib/test/test_macostools.py",
line 78, in test_mkalias_relative
macostools.mkalias(test_support.TESTFN, TESTFN2, sys.prefix)
File "/Users/sven/Downloads/Python-2.3.4/Lib/plat-mac/macostools.py",
line 39, in mkalias
relativefsr = File.FSRef(relative)
Error: (-43, 'File not found')

Here is the content of the files mentioned in the error notification:

/Users/sven/Downloads/Python-2.3.4/Lib/test/test_macostools.py:

73 def test_mkalias_relative(self):
74 try:
75 os.unlink(TESTFN2)
76 except:
77 pass
78 macostools.mkalias(test_support.TESTFN, TESTFN2, sys.prefix)
79 fss, _, _ = Carbon.File.ResolveAliasFile(TESTFN2, 0)
80 self.assertEqual(fss.as_pathname(),
os.path.realpath(test_support.TESTFN))

/Users/sven/Downloads/Python-2.3.4/Lib/plat-mac/macostools.py:

27 # Not guaranteed to be correct or stay correct (Apple doesn't tell
you
28 # how to do this), but it seems to work.
29 #
30 def mkalias(src, dst, relative=None):
31 """Create a finder alias"""
32 srcfsr = File.FSRef(src)
33 # The next line will fail under unix-Python if the destination
34 # doesn't exist yet. We should change this code to be
fsref-based.
35 dstdir, dstname = os.path.split(dst)
36 if not dstdir: dstdir = os.curdir
37 dstdirfsr = File.FSRef(dstdir)
38 if relative:
39 relativefsr = File.FSRef(relative)

I have no idea how to fix this. Does the comment "The next line will
fail under unix-Python if the destination doesn't exist yet"? mean that
I have ro create some directory first? Which one?

If I do a ./configure without the --enable-framework option, no tests
fail. Can you help me?

Thanks, Sven