[python 3.0] reload() gone?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bernard Lebel, Aug 31, 2007.

  1. Bernard Lebel, Aug 31, 2007

  2. Arnaud Delobelle, Aug 31, 2007

  3. Bernard Lebel

    Chris Mellon Guest

    However, it provides no information on how to do this. exec("import
    foo") doesn't do it. exec(open(foo.__file__)) doesn't work either, but
    that might just be teething problems (open returns a TextIOWrapper
    object which exec doesn't identify as a file).

    exec(open(foo.__file__).read(), foo.__dict__) was the best I could
    come up with. That's frigging horrible, and it won't work unless
    you've got access to the actual python source file of the module.

    Chris Mellon, Aug 31, 2007