Python and curses

linuxfreak

Was wanting to write a text based application in python.... seems
curses module is the way to go... anyone knows of any good tutorials
apart from the one written by esr

Eddie Corns

linuxfreak said:
Was wanting to write a text based application in python.... seems
curses module is the way to go... anyone knows of any good tutorials
apart from the one written by esr

There is at least 1 higher level library atop curses.
http://excess.org/urwid/ I've only played with it a little bit but it looks
useful.

Eddie

Isaac T Alston

linuxfreak said:
Was wanting to write a text based application in python.... seems
curses module is the way to go... anyone knows of any good tutorials
apart from the one written by esr

Not off the top of my head, no. However, you will find that the functions
needed will be very similar to the C functions used. I did this with PHP a
while back and (because there are a lack of tutorials for PHP too) I had to
resort to the man pages for it. So I'd suggest reading that tutorial (by
esr or whoever) and then just reading the man pages for C for more
documentation.

Regards,

Thomas Dickey

linuxfreak said:
Was wanting to write a text based application in python.... seems
curses module is the way to go... anyone knows of any good tutorials
apart from the one written by esr

It wasn't written by esr. He only has his name on it, did none of the work.