Python camping in Argentina

Facundo Batista

Hi!

This post is to tell you about a Python event we had the last weekend.

It was a Python camping, in Los Cocos, Córdoba, Argentina. More than
20 Python developers, some experienced, some new ones, joined together
in a center where we made a lot of activities during four whole days:

- We had a mini python bug day, closing 4 or 5 issues, but more
important, two new developers know how the full process is.

- Worked heavily on a PyAr project, CDPedia, that aims to release a
part of the wikipedia (spanish pages, for example, ;) ) to be queried
off line, distributable in a CD. The project, when finished, will give
you the way to construct these CDs or DVDs with the subselection of
the wikipedia that you want, with installers for different operating
systems, full text searches, and everything, :)

- Made a framework for handling Scenes, Layers, sprites movements, and
menues in pyglet, thinking in PyWeek.

- Worked with behaviour trees and perceptrons, for AI modeling (yes,
with Python).

- Made a translation of Trac to spanish, aiming to include it in a
Trac branch that will handle localizations.

- Had a Python Argentina formal meeting.

- Worked on a Rubick cube game in pyglet.

And of course, we lunched and dinner all together, played games,
climbed a mountain (carrying the Python Argentina flag to the top, see
the photos), and have a lot, lot of fun.

All the photos, here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54757453@N00/sets/72157603938876036/

Regards,