    Basically I would like to claim on my resume, that I know python, with
    out bad karma.

    Danny

    Danny, Feb 22, 2005

  2. I think the tutorial offered at www.python.org/tut/tut.html is as good
    a starting place as any.

    I wouldn't be able to suggest a "non-trivial" project without knowing
    more about your background. Can you do a flashcard program? recipe
    organizer? [email protected] client? (I think you see where this is going).

    Good luck.

    Steve Juranich, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Oops. The correct URL is http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

    Steve Juranich, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Danny

    Tom Willis Guest

    Tom Willis, Feb 22, 2005
  5. Andrew Thomson, Feb 22, 2005
  6. Danny

    Tom Willis Guest

    You know, I hate doing this....

    I just remembered the Bruce Eckel book is a direct transaltion from
    THinking In Patterns for Java.

    And as such the example python code within the chapters is not even
    valid Python.

    If you're new to the language you'll get confused with the use of
    private and static thrown everywhere.

    It's still good information though.

    Tom Willis, Feb 23, 2005
  7. Danny skrev:
    There's a lot of projects on Sourceforge that are written in Python,
    where you're free to study the code and maybe participate, if you've
    got what it takes.
    Your stance is a difficult one, and one that is hard to conciliate with
    the Zen of Hacking. Search for enlightenment first, my son, and the
    rest will be given to you freely.

    Leif B. Kristensen, Feb 23, 2005
  8. Should we just tell Danny to come to a PyCon? 'Bet we could put
    him to use in a Sprint. There's work that fits even the rawest
    beginners, if they have the right attitude.

    Cameron Laird, Feb 24, 2005
  9. Danny

    Fuzzyman Guest

    Fuzzyman, Feb 24, 2005
  10. Danny

    Tom Willis Guest

    How bout a paying full time job doing python development. In Cincinnati.

    That would rule.

    I only hear about vb.net or java around here. It's quite depressing.

    Tom Willis, Feb 24, 2005