Pythonwin Install COM exceptions on Windows Vista Ultimate

Sandipan News

What do I do? Can't do without Python!
Any experience, advice, hope is welcome.
Thanks.
Sandipan

Méta-MCI \(MVP\)

Hi!

Perso, on Vista, I :
- deactive UAC
- deactive firewall (I have a rooter)
- run all like Administrator
- install all in other DIR than "Program Files"

Result : no problem.

kyosohma

What do I do? Can't do without Python!
Any experience, advice, hope is welcome.
Thanks.
Sandipan

You need to post the error traceback along with some more information
so the community can help.

Mike

Larry Bates

Sandipan said:
What do I do? Can't do without Python!
Any experience, advice, hope is welcome.
Thanks.
Sandipan
If you are asking if you can run COM objects created in Python on Windows Vista
Ultimate, the answer is yes. I have several.

-Larry

Sandipan News

Here is the log at the end of the install:

Copied pythoncom25.dll to C:\Outils\Python\pythoncom25.dll
Copied pywintypes25.dll to C:\Outils\Python\pywintypes25.dll
You do not have the permissions to install COM objects.
The sample COM objects were not registered.
-> Software\Python\PythonCore\2.5\Help[None]=None
-> Software\Python\PythonCore\2.5\Help\Pythonwin
Reference[None]='C:\\Outils\\Python\\Lib\\site-packages\\PyWin32.chm'
Creating directory C:\Outils\Python\Lib\site-packages\win32com\gen_py
Shortcut for Pythonwin created
Shortcut to documentation created
The pywin32 extensions were successfully installed.

Any experience, advice, hope is welcome.
Thanks.
Sandipan

You need to post the error traceback along with some more information
so the community can help.

Mike

Sandipan News

How do I deactivate UAC and Router?

I did run as Administrator and installed both Python and Pythonwin into
c:\Python25\

This is the error I got ...