q: code fails

Guest

Hello,
The following code fails at Response.Write(result.Properties("mail")(0)) if
myUser does not have anything in the e-mail filed of active directory. The
message I am getting is “Object reference not set to an instance of an
objectâ€. How can I prevent from that?

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Dim userName As String
Dim rootEntry As New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=net",
"MYDOMAIN\admin", "password")

Dim searcher As New DirectorySearcher(rootEntry)
searcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add("cn")
searcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add("mail")
userName = "myUser"
searcher.Filter = "(&(anr=" & userName & ")(objectCategory=person))"

Dim results As SearchResultCollection
results = searcher.FindAll()

Dim result As SearchResult

For Each result In results
Response.Write(result.Properties("mail")(0))
Response.Write(result.Properties("cn")(0))
Next

End Sub

Juan T. Llibre

Jim,

Please don't send additional questions about
the same problem in separate threads.

This only clutters the issue.

See my reply in the original thread.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP

Guest

Juan,
Thansk I thought you forgot me, that is why I had it here too. ANyway I
saloved the problem. I hope movie was good for you. :--)))