Q: development Environment

Guest

Hello,
I have C and D drive in my server. I developed all the applications in C and
users access these applications from C: Now I need to create a development
environment not to cause trouble to the users while I am developing
something. I need to use D: driver as development environment and when I am
done I want to copy everything to C: drive to get users access it. Is this
possible? How should I do this, do I need to create different IIS?
Thanks,
Jim.

Kevin Spencer

Your development environment should be on a different machine than the
production one. Assuming that, for some reason, you have to develop on the
same machine, just use the same web server, different web, different
Application Pool.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Guest

Kavin,
I have only this machine. I created different web site and app pool. When I
copy all the files from c:\inetpup\wwwroot to d:\inetpup\wwwroot, I get the
following message.
visual studio .Net cannot create or open the application. The likeliest
problem is that required components are not installed on the local web
server. Run visual studio .net setup and add web development components.

What should I do?
Thanks,
Jim.

Guest

I do not get that message when I open *.sln file instead of *.vbproj. Now I
have another problem. I am actually confused. When I changed something on my
application in D:\inetpup\wwwroot\dev\myapp, the application in
c:\inetpup\wwwroot\myapp is changing too. what is problem?
Thanks,
Jim.