querystring doesn't work 1st time on page, only 2nd time

Jason Shohet

I have this url that I put into IE:
http://mysite/default.aspx?machinename=%COMPUTERNAME%

Computername is an app variable, and returns me the computer the browser is
sitting on. But thats not the problem. The problem is, when I type that in
to the browser & hit enter, it goes to 'mysite'. The page comes up. But
the "?machinename..." thing is gone. It just shoes up to default.aspx.
And in my codebehind, I also have verified that the tagged on information is
gone.
Now whats interesting is that if I put that same exact URL in again with the
querystring, while default.aspx is up, it works! And the codebehind sees
the querystring.

Anyone know why the first time, the querystring is getting deleted? TY !
Jason Shohet

Jason Shohet

got it working. TY... I had code in session_start that was messing things
up.
I wish i could do a redirect in session_end, when the session ends, instead
of session_start....