    help me in building this control i would be so thankful.

    thank you so much for your help.

    GMK.

    GMK, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Look the code i put here, i hope so that code helps you, its an example of
    an CustomControl inherits from DropDownList, and when you drag&drop the
    control in your page you can see all the events same a normal DropDownList,
    but this dropdownlist bind the data automatically,

    Imports System.ComponentModel
    Imports System.Web.UI

    <DefaultProperty("idCuentaContable"), ToolboxData("<{0}:ddlbCuentaContable
    runat=server></{0}:ddlbCuentaContable>")> _

    Public Class ddlbCuentaContable

    Inherits System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList

    Private _idCuentaContable As Integer

    Private _sError As Boolean

    Public Event ErrorEvent As EventHandler

    Public ReadOnly Property sError() As String

    Get

    Return _sError

    End Get

    End Property

    <Bindable(True), Category("Data"), DefaultValue(0)> _

    Public Property idCuentaContable() As Integer

    Get

    Return _idCuentaContable

    End Get

    Set(ByVal Value As Integer)

    _idCuentaContable = Value

    If Value > 0 Then

    Me.SelectedValue = Me._idCuentaContable

    End If

    End Set

    End Property

    Private Sub RecuperarLista()

    Dim mWr As New wrCatalogosContabilidad.CatalogosContabilidad

    Dim sError As New String("")

    Dim dsDatos As DataSet

    sError = mWr.ObtenerListaValorCuentasContables(dsDatos)

    If Not sError = "" Then

    Me._sError = "Error al obtenerListado de Cuenta Contable. " + sError

    Dim e As EventArgs

    RaiseEvent ErrorEvent(Me, e)

    Return

    End If

    Me.DataSource = dsDatos

    Me.DataTextField = "nombreCuenta"

    Me.DataValueField = "idCuenta"

    Me.DataBind()

    End Sub

    Protected Overrides Sub OnSelectedIndexChanged(ByVal e As System.EventArgs)

    Me._idCuentaContable = Me.SelectedValue

    MyBase.OnSelectedIndexChanged(e)

    End Sub

    Protected Overrides Sub OnInit(ByVal e As System.EventArgs)

    Me.RecuperarLista()

    MyBase.OnInit(e)

    End Sub

    End Class