Question about deployment

william

Hi All,

I've seen a lot of articles which show you how to deploy asp.net web
application and web service, but all of them deploy application/web service
under default folder virtual directory. But I think it make more sense that
deploying diffenrent application/web service as separate web site, so that
it's easy for us to maintain later on.
Is there any rule or industry standard for the deployment?

Thanks.

William

Phil Johnson

Deploying in the wwwroot is normally the best place as the security is set up
for the aspnet user etc on that folder.

If you deploy elsewhere, you often have a security headache maintaining
permissions.

It depends on your configuration on the virtual folder, that you can set up
in the deployment package, as to whether the web app is installed as its own
site or a subweb etc.

Hope this info helps.

--
Regards,