Question about Javascript Events

Mtek

Hi,

Is it possible for a Javascript handler to self-execute? We have a
PHP script that uses Javascript / XML. The script draws a screen and
has 2 drop down boxes. Selecting the first record works with no
problems. When you go to select the second record, as soon as you
click the first drop down, without acutally selecting to item, a
record appears on the screen with javascript & HTML code in all the
fields......

How do I find what is causing this? It almost looks like an infinate
loop and something is firing the 'onchange' event...... We need some
help in debugging this......can anyone give some suggestions? We
usually have to close the browser in order to get things back to
normal.

Thanks a lot!

John

SAM

Mtek a écrit :
Hi,

Is it possible for a Javascript handler to self-execute? We have a
PHP script that uses Javascript / XML. The script draws a screen and
has 2 drop down boxes. Selecting the first record works with no
problems. When you go to select the second record, as soon as you
click the first drop down, without acutally selecting to item, a
record appears on the screen with javascript & HTML code in all the
fields......

What does DomInspector in firefox show you ?
You can also install extension FireBug in Firefox and have a look in the
loaded page's code

Are all tags well formed ?

Attributes are all with quotes or doublequotes ?

etc ... about the html code.

It looks like a not closed JS attribute of a tag.