Question: Function descriptions in yellow

VB Programmer

I noticed that for build in class methods when you hit "dot" the function
lists show up and a brief description (for each highlighted method). In
VB.NET how can I do this for custom methods in custom classes?

Kevin Spencer

Unfortunately, VB.Net doesn't yet provide this functionality. If you program
with C#, you can use Summary Tags to provide that sort of information to the
IDE.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
The more I learn, the less I know.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

There are a number of implementations around for VB.NET such as this one:

VB.NET XML Comments Creator
http://www.fesersoft.com/products/VBXmlComments/

Intellisense/Tooltip support with VB.net code
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=902&lngWId=10

Ken

--
Microsoft MVPs have a question for *you*: Are you patched against the Worm?
http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp