Question regarding ASP.NET Sessions...

Dean R. Henderson

For an ASP.NET web application, is there a way for one session (with
appropriate security authorization) to set a HttpSessionState variable to
point to another session and execute the Abandon command to close out the
other session?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dean,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
From your description, you're wondering some means to manipulate other
session's SessinoState data from a different session context, yes?

Based on my understanding, the buildin ASP.NET SessionState implementation
(asp.net 1.1 or 2.0) doesn't support accessing session state accorss
different session context... Since each time a request arrive the
serverside asp.net runtime, only the session datas assosicated with that
client will be queried and attached to the request....

Also, I'm not sure your detailed code logic or scenario, but if you're
using ASP.NET 2.0, there exists a new profile service which can help us
store user specific data and this data is persisted in backend
storage(provider based....). And for the profile service data, we can
access a certain user's profile data through username (normally used for
administration usage....).

#ASP.NET Profile Properties Overview
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2y3fs9xs.aspx

In addition, ASP.NET 2.0 session state support define our own SessionState
Manager (module), thus, if necessary, we can completely manage the session
state our self and replace the buildin ones. However, this will require
lots of work which may cause much time.....

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "Dean R. Henderson" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Question regarding ASP.NET Sessions...
| Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:02:42 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| For an ASP.NET web application, is there a way for one session (with
| appropriate security authorization) to set a HttpSessionState variable to
| point to another session and execute the Abandon command to close out the
| other session?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dean,

How are you doing on this issue, does the things in my last reply helps you
a little? If there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post
here.

Regards,

| |
| |