Question to experienced website developers

Anonymous

I am currently developing an ASP.Net 2.0 website.

I need to provide the following functionality, (but don't want to
reinvent the wheel), and would therefore like feedback from developers
about which software products out there (open source included), is
reliable and provides the required functionality - note, I am not
interested in hearing from software vendors.

Here is the required functionality:

1). Customer Ticket support system (must be capable of generating
tickets based on email input)
2). Forum
3). Knowledge base
4). Customer Wiki

thanks

RB

Anonymous said:
I am currently developing an ASP.Net 2.0 website.

I need to provide the following functionality, (but don't want to
reinvent the wheel), and would therefore like feedback from developers
about which software products out there (open source included), is
reliable and provides the required functionality - note, I am not
interested in hearing from software vendors.

Here is the required functionality:

1). Customer Ticket support system (must be capable of generating
tickets based on email input)
2). Forum
3). Knowledge base
4). Customer Wiki

thanks

1) I use Mantis (www.mantisbt.org), because it is simple and works.
Don't know if it's got an API for generating tickets based on email, but
I guess that could be a part you invent...

I looked into Bugzilla, but it looked way over-complicated for my needs.

2) Probably my favourite forum is Vanilla (http://getvanilla.com/). It's
very good looking, but it's slightly different to most forums in that
it's more of a framework and almost *all* functionality is implemented
in Add-ons. This makes it very customisable. The add-ons are mostly
written by the main dev team, so they are all high-quality and stable. I
daresay someone has done an installer with the major add-ons already
built-in if you have a look around.

4) I use Wikipedia - it's very stable, well-supported, I've always found
it easy to install, and there's tons of support. Furthermore, it's
widely known, so people might "get" it more easily.

Cheers,

RB.

RB

RB said:
[...]

Oh, I should add that I've only ever used those products for internal
use, so YMMV :)