Quick Question - Newby Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a code behind VB app that I have developed and am trying to place in a
    subfolder of a website that I have. I run the app on my dev box fine with no
    errors but when I upload it to the directory and put the .dll in the root
    directory's bin folder I receive the followinng error message. Any idea?

    Server Error in '/beta' Application

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'OnlineApp.apply'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page CodeBehind="apply.aspx.vb" Language="vb"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="OnlineApp.apply" %>
    Line 2: <HTML>
    Line 3: <HEAD>

    Source File: D:\Web\beta\apply.aspx Line: 1

    Guest, Feb 14, 2005

    Scott Allen Guest

    Scott Allen, Feb 14, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Scott - thank you for your reply - I have the OnlineApp.apply compiled as
    OnlineApp.dll and placed in the bin folder of the root directory of the site.
    The contents of the app (aspx files, etc.) are located in a child folder and
    i am unsure if this is causing the problem.

    Guest, Feb 15, 2005
  4. If the "child folder" is declared as an Application,
    or as a Virtual Directory, the place to put the
    OnlineApp.dll is in the /bin directory of the child folder.

    If the "child folder" is *not* an Application or a Virtual dir,
    then the /bin directory off of wwwroot should work.

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 15, 2005

    Iain Norman Guest

    Error in /beta Application it says, that means the beta folder is an
    app and the dll needs to be in /beta/bin

    Cheers

    Iain Norman, Feb 16, 2005