QuickStart Tutorial error

stacy

On my XP Pro laptop, I have installed IIS, MSDE and QuickStart Samples
but am encountering the following error when I click on any of the
QuickStarts on the Microsoft.NET Framework SDK QuickStarts page.

"You are not authorized to view this page" from the .

I may have done something wrong in installing the MSDE, here are the
steps I went through

I was logged in as myself on a domain
I downloaded the ConfigSamples and MSDE200A to a known directory
I installed the MSDE2000A package
ran the following command from the DOS prompt
Setup.exe /qb+ INSTANCENAME=NetSDK DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=1
SAPWD=<pw>

I entered the administrators password for <pw>

I installed the ConfigSamples package

I had hoped, being very new to Web Development to find some useful
examples in the tutorials, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stacy

stacy

Hi Sloan,

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately, I'm still having the same
problem, could be because of the error that comes up when I try to run
the batch file per the blog page. The error is "The instance name
specified is invalid". I even tried adding this line to the ini file -
INSTANCENAME=NetSDK because that we how the original install
instructions specified it, but still no good.

IIS was installed before ASP.net, but I tried the registry command
anyway - just not having any luck getting these Quickstarts to work.

Any new suggestions? Thanks for the help,

Juan T. Llibre

Please confirm whether your MSDE instance is "NetSDK"
or whether it is "YourMachineName\NetSDK".

I know that you set it to "NetSDK",
but I think that MSDE setup just adds that to your machine's name.