Radio buttons/checkboxes

lmeacham

Has anyone created a custom radio button or check box
control that allows you to change the base image of the
control so that it's not the microsoft standard circle and
box? If so I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks

Lance

Ron Vecchi

So would I, I don't think it's possible.

One possibility would be to create to images, one selected and one not
selected. when a user clicks the image it changes to the check or unchecked
depending on which one was currently displayed through client-side JS. Then
using client side JS also update a hidden field to a checked/unchecked flag
when click occures. On server side perform actions based on the hidden
field.

lmeacham

Yeah... Just don't want to have to go the Java route -- my
app is all finished except I wanted it to look a little
more professional, these controls are added to the page at
runtime (dynamically) -- I could code it in java and it
may be the only way for now. I called Infragistics this
morning and they don't have anything either -- you're
right, it may be impossible.

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi,

You don't really need Java for this. It would be possible (altough not
trivial) to code this using javascript. Maybe you can find some code to use
as a jumpstart on any of the javascript code repositories in the net,

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Lance,

Have you checked Ron's response? If you have any concerns, please feel free
to let me know.

In addition, I have done more research regarding this issue. I would like
to share the following information with you.

Either in the case that you directly make use of the checkbox or radiobox
web controls provided by ASP.NET, or in the case that you created your own
customer checkbox or radiobox, what will be rendered to the browser should
comfort to the HTML standard. In HTML standard, the circle was adopted by a
radio box and the box was adopted by checkbox as well.

If you want to implement your task, I think you should consider of using
other ways.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang