Re : Re: lvalue required as increment operand -- why does the Standard requires this for fundamental

Leo \Equinox\ Gaspard

As you are going to make this algorithm templatized (otherwise you wouldn't say that you want it to work with any type), you could use is_fundamental, from C++11 or Boost, with enable_if.

And, as a rationale, I do only see side effects.

Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet

* Leo "Equinox" Gaspard, on 03.07.2011 00:41:

Please don't use Google Groups' new interrface.

It screws up threading in ordinary newsreaders, by omitting the references header.

It's just more Usenet sabotage from Google (counting the spam, the signature
delimiter sabotage, the blurring of Usenet versus GG) -- just Say No(TM).

Cheers,

- Alf