Re: A_Modest_1_bit_Proposal_about_Quotification_-_making_the_Default_Easy

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Tim McCaffrey, Dec 9, 2011.

  1. In article <-arch.net>, -arch.net
    says...

    >Q: what would a "securely composable shell scripting language" look like?

    Instead of using quotes, allow parameters to be passed with explicit lengths:

    Select where name=<length of name>:<name>

    (SQL is not something I use, so just take that as a generic example)

    example:

    I input "find me" for name (without the quotes).

    The script determines the length of "find me" (7) and passes:

    Select where name=7:find me

    No new character sets, no way to confuse the parser, etc.

    (Pascal really did get it right the first time)

    - Tim

    Tim McCaffrey, Dec 9, 2011