Reading and updating XML Files

Guest

Hi All
I am developing a very complex application that hosts UserControl in IE Browser.Usercontrol has treeview and datagrid control basically.The data is in xml file and which is hierarchical located on serverI have written a webservice which reads an xml file to get the data and passes to UserControl's Treeview and datagrid control.I have to give users ability to edit,delete contents from the datagrid and treeview control and after they r done modifying content and click save option all the information should get saved in xml format and then passed to webservice which in turn passes xml file to other component who reads an xml file and save it to database.My problem is I can't use Dataset object as it doesn't read hierarchical xml file so I don't know how to maintain an xml file and whatever user modifies save that locally before tells to "save"
this is very urgent ..please advice.