Reading the Windows Registry

Guest

Hi NG

I´m a bit desperate...
Does anyone know if its possible to read the Windows Registry with a JSP
Servlet ?
Thx alot

Jörg

Joona I Palaste

Jörg Neumann said:
I´m a bit desperate...
Does anyone know if its possible to read the Windows Registry with a JSP
Servlet ?
Thx alot

On the server side or on the client side? If it's the server side: Yes,
make your JSP interface with some JNI code. If it's the client side:
Forget it. You'd have more hope of reading it over telephone.

Roedy Green

On the server side or on the client side? If it's the server side: Yes,
make your JSP interface with some JNI code. If it's the client side:
Forget it. You'd have more hope of reading it over telephone.

Client side just requires a signed Applet or Java Web Start.

Joona I Palaste

Client side just requires a signed Applet or Java Web Start.

And a client that has a Windows registry in the first place. Which is
not guaranteed at all.

Roedy Green

And a client that has a Windows registry in the first place. Which is
not guaranteed at all.

If the question was "how do I access the registry" then presumably the
registry is guaranteed. We don't know this person's background. He
may be under the delusion that the registry is something all OSes
have.

Guest

We don't know this person's background. He
may be under the delusion that the registry is something all OSes
have.

Actually.... i´m not ;o)
Its needed for a webservice to tweak some Windows Settings over a
Website...
If someone surfes to a site called "Configuring Windows online" with Linux
noone can help him anymore....

Jörg

Joona I Palaste

Actually.... i´m not ;o)
Its needed for a webservice to tweak some Windows Settings over a
Website...
If someone surfes to a site called "Configuring Windows online" with Linux
noone can help him anymore....

Then you really require a signed applet. Unsigned applets haven't a
prayer at doing *anything* with the customer's computer. And even then
you are going to have to call JNI code from your applet. I don't know
whether that will require the customer having the corresponding native
Windows code on his/her own computer or can you distribute it along
with your applet.