    for example in an array of ints) from a wav file is appreciated

    Thanks for your time
    Jakub

    Jakub Dudek, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Jakub Dudek

    Greg Schmidt Guest

    Standard C++ does not include an mmsystems library. You would be better
    off posting questions related to it in a newsgroup more closely related
    to the compiler or operating system which provides this library.
    When I needed to do this, years ago, I just found myself a copy of the
    ..wav spec and wrote my own simple I/O based parser (using only standard
    C++ no less). It's basically a matter of understanding the header so
    that you know how many bits there are per sample, and whether it is mono
    or stereo, and then you just read into your array. My job was a little
    easier because I could guarantee that the waves were all in a particular
    subset of the spec, but it wouldn't have been much harder to handle the
    entire spectrum. It's really a pretty simple format.

    Greg Schmidt, Sep 3, 2003