Recently written record does not show in a descendingly sorted dat

Guest

Here's the problem I'm having. I write a record to backend database and upon
the postback my record set is not showing the record I just added. If I
close the page totally and reopen the page it will show up, or if I add a
second record the first will show upon the postback of the page but the
second one won't. My dataset is loaded descending so the record I just added
should be the first one in the datagrid.

I've tried resetting the dataset, destroying it and recreating, everything I
can think of and it keeps happening. I'm using C# in VS 2003 and SQL 2005.

Any ideas are welcomed...

Thanx

Guest

My suggestions:
1) Make sure you are not databinding to a dataset saved in the Session state
from previous query
2) Make sure you databind the server controls to the freshly retrieved
dataset after each insert of a new record.