Reducing XML output

Wagner

Hi,

I'm a newbie in web services programing so I have a few questions:
Is it possible to reduce size of xml output produced by .NET web service?
I'm using SQLDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet, "Name") statement to fill dataset
which is returned then by service. Web service type is DataSet.

It works fine but I'd like to cut out begining of xml which is some kind of
description of the xml because it takes bandwidth when is transfered.

Thanks in advance

Dan Rogers

One thing to do right off is to not define methods the return data sets.
These methods will not be callable by non-.NET applications. Instead,
define custom types that you return, and have your service populate those
types from your back-end database ministrations.