Referrals

Carlos C

I have a website with some client banners, the problem is that they are not
gerring the referral information when someone clics on any of the banners,
they use different statistics services and none log those visits as referred
from my website.

I am just doing a response.redirect(http://www.clientswebsite.com)

TIA!

ace_away

Have the clicks call a program that will write to a database that someone
clicked on XYZ (e.g. banner.asp?id=xyz), then same program redirects them to
XYZ's web site (data stored in another table in same database)

Carlos C

I already do that, so I register in my database all the clicks, but the have
stats services that do not show the users i redirect to their website as
coming from my website...no referral.

TIA!

Guest

I already do that, so I register in my database all the clicks, but the have
stats services that do not show the users i redirect to their website as
coming from my website...no referral.

TIA!

Try to create a special page e.g. redirect.aspx and use it to redirect
users:

response.redirect("redirect.aspx?url=http://www.clientswebsite.com")

The page should have a form

<form method=post action=<%=Request.QueryString("url")%>>
</form>

and a script to submit it (document.forms[0].submit())

Hope this helps