Refreshing Crystal Reports....

Jack

Hi all,
How can i refresh crystal reports?

Iam using VS.NET2003 and using vs.net i created a aspx webpage and on the
page i
placed a drop dwon list and a button...

Dropdown list will display the student no and when the user clicsk on the
button it will display the report which is created using CR.net..

But my problem is when the user changes the data in drop donw list
iam not getting the expected result...

How can i solve this problem?

Regards
Jackfadd

Tim_Mac

hi Jack,
do you have AutoPostBack = true on the DropDownList?
do you have a SelectedIndexChanged event handler on the DropDownList?
what is your code in the SelectedIndexChanged event handler?
how are you presenting the crystal report to the user?

i'm happy to help but you'll have to give us a few hooks to understand what
is going wrong :)

tim

Jack

Hello,
Thanks for the help....

Following is my full code...

Pls help me..

Imports System.Data
Imports System.Data.Odbc

Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared
Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
Public Class WebForm5
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
Private ConnStr As String
Private Conn As System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection
Private Comm As System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand
Private DataAdpt As System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataAdapter
Private DataRead As System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataReader
Dim MyReport As New ReportDocument
'Dim MyReport As New CrystalReport1

Protected WithEvents Label1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
Private LogInfo As New TableLogOnInfo

InitializeComponent()

End Sub
Protected WithEvents lstPO As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList
Protected WithEvents CrystalReportViewer1 As
CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportViewer
Protected WithEvents Button1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button

Designer.
'Do not delete or move it.

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
InitializeComponent()
End Sub

#End Region

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
ConnStr = "DSN=TGGSYSTEMDSN;Driver={Microsoft ODBC for
ORACLE};Server=TGG.world;Uid=CS22USER;Pwd=CS22USER;"
Conn = New Odbc.OdbcConnection(ConnStr)
Conn.Open()

If Me.IsPostBack = False Then
FillPOList()
End If
End Sub
Private Sub FillPOList()
lstPO.Items.Clear()

Dim SelectSQL As String
SelectSQL = "Select DISTINCT K_PO_NUM FROM PO_DETAILS"

Dim Conn As New Odbc.OdbcConnection(ConnStr)
Dim Comm As New Odbc.OdbcCommand(SelectSQL, Conn)

Try
Conn.Open()
DataRead = Comm.ExecuteReader()
Do While DataRead.Read
Dim Newitem As New ListItem
Newitem.Text = DataRead("K_PO_NUM")
lstPO.Items.Add(Newitem)
Loop
DataRead.Close()
Catch ex As Exception

Finally
If (Not Conn Is Nothing) Then
Conn.Close()
End If
End Try
End Sub

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim USERID As String = "CS22USER"
Dim PW As String = "CS22USER"

If (Not Me.IsPostBack) Then
MyReport.SetDatabaseLogon(USERID, PW)
Else
Session("MyReport") = MyReport
MyReport.Load("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TGG\CrystalReport4.rpt")
MyReport.SetDatabaseLogon(USERID, PW)
MyReport.DataDefinition.RecordSelectionFormula =
"{PO_DETAILS.K_PO_NUM}= '" & lstPO.SelectedItem.Value & "'"
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = MyReport
End If
End Sub

End Class

Tim_Mac

hi Jack,
for one thing, you have some code that makes no sense:

If (Not Me.IsPostBack) Then
MyReport.SetDatabaseLogon(USERID, PW)
Else

if you have a Button click event handler, then it will always be a postback.
so you should remove that code.

also, i think you have to call .DataBind() on the report viewer.
hope this helps
tim

Jack

Hello Tim,
Thanks for the help...

You gave me a wonderful tip and with that I could make it work fine...

Now iam struck with double byte character display and printing of the report
direclty from CR..

Do you have any idea how to rectify the above said problems?

Regards
Jack

Jack

Hello Tim,
Sorry friend , I think my question was not clear to you...

I wanted to display report in Japanese i mean to say the datas that are
stored in Oralce9i database are in Japanese and I wanted to display them as
it is...

This is my problem...

Regards
Jack

Tim_Mac

hi Jack,
i also don't know much about character encoding problems with crystal
reports.
i'd say you'd have better luck starting a new thread.
good luck
tim