Reg : javax.media.CaptureDeviceManager

krishna748

Hi,

I am trying display webcam video on java frame. I am using javax.media.CaptureDeviceManager.getDeviceList(null) to get all the devices.

This method returns empty vector.
I am using jmf.jar in eclipse.

Please help me on this.

Knute Johnson

Hi,

I am trying display webcam video on java frame. I am using
javax.media.CaptureDeviceManager.getDeviceList(null) to get all the
devices.

This method returns empty vector. I am using jmf.jar in eclipse.

Please help me on this.

JMF is seriously out of date and doesn't work with many modern cameras.
If it isn't TWAIN or (?) it won't work.

My best suggestion at this point is to try looking at FX or some after
market solution.