Reg: Stop processing when esc key is pressed

Guest

HI,
I've an asp.net page which has a button. On click of the button the program
queries the database and gets the result and displays the same.Now assume
that my program takes 2 minutes to get the results.In the mean time if the
user press Esc button to stop the process. The page will stop processing but
my database connection will be trying to retrieve the records. How to solve
this ??? Thanks in Adavance.

Jignesh Desai

Response object has a property called IsClientConnected. The
IsClientConnected property is a read-only property that indicates if the
client has disconnected from the server

Once query has started executing in sqlserver server you may not be able to
stop that. but after the long query is executed you may check if client is
connected and then proceed further displaying content.

Regards,
Jignesh Desai.
www.dotnetjini.com

Guest

Hi,
Assume that u are writing an application for transfering funds between two
a/c. User enters the from a/c and to a/c no. After submitting the user thinks
that he entered wrong To A/c no. Hence presses Stop button. Do u think. He
can't stop the transaction by any means..????