Regarding Audit Trailing

Ravi Shankar Nair

Dear all,

We have a very complex financial application based on Apache Struts. We
would like to have an audit trailing feature. Assume that we send some very
complex objects( which in turn contains other inner objects and so on) to an
MQ asynchronously. The receiving program is a cron job which picks up the
messages from the MQ at regular configurable intervals of time. This
receiving program will fill the field in a database, which will be used for
generating a report.

Now the problems are:-
1) The objects which we put in the queue are different, so we dont have a
specific set of fields for database

Your help is appreciated, if I can have

an open source utility which will make these things simpler..

Any help is welcome, please

Warmest regards,
Ravi

KS

Now the problems are:-
1) The objects which we put in the queue are different, so we dont have a
specific set of fields for database

You could use XML in the message that you put in the message queue and
based on it, populate the database fields.

Simon Brooke

Ravi Shankar Nair said:
We have a very complex financial application based on Apache Struts. We
would like to have an audit trailing feature. Assume that we send some
very complex objects( which in turn contains other inner objects and so
on) to an MQ asynchronously. The receiving program is a cron job which
picks up the messages from the MQ at regular configurable intervals of
time. This receiving program will fill the field in a database, which
will be used for generating a report.

Now the problems are:-
1) The objects which we put in the queue are different, so we dont have a
specific set of fields for database

Define a table in the database for each type of object you may queue.

As an aside I strongly dislike the notion of batching up these objects and
then inserting them in a separate process. Why can you not insert them
into the database immediately? In an application where integrity of data
is critical, the fewer intermediate operations there are the better
(indeed I would not create application layer Java objects to represent the
data, I'd slam it straight into the database because once it's there it's
safe; but that's perhaps an extreme view).

--
(e-mail address removed) (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; So, before proceeding with definitive screwing, choose the
;; position most congenital.
-- instructions for fitting bicycle handlebars