Regarding pdf forms in JSP

ruds

Hi,
I'm developing a JSP application in which i require people to download
a pdf form from my site, fill in the form details n upload it again.
I've heard about editable pdf forms, but i dont have an idea about
how do i go ahead with it.Does it require a pdf writer compulsory to
be installed on the client machine? which software is required for
this other than adobe pdf reader for this?

Andrew Thompson

ruds wrote:
I'm developing a JSP ..

So - 'HTML' as far as the end UA is concerned.
..application in which i require people to download
a pdf form from my site, fill in the form details n ..

'n'? Please use 'and' so the people who are not so
familiar with English slang can understand.
..upload it again.
I've heard about editable pdf forms, but i dont have an idea about
how do i go ahead with it.Does it require a pdf writer compulsory to
be installed on the client machine? which software is required for
this other than adobe pdf reader for this?

Why are you asking this question on a Java
group? It seems it would be better answered
by a (any) group more oriented towards PDF,
such as 'comp.text.pdf'.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.physci.org/

Manish Pandit

Hi,
I'm developing a JSP application in which i require people to download
a pdf form from my site, fill in the form details n upload it again.
I've heard about editable pdf forms, but i dont have an idea about
how do i go ahead with it.Does it require a pdf writer compulsory to
be installed on the client machine? which software is required for
this other than adobe pdf reader for this?

Yes, they'd need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader at a minimum to fill in
the forms. However, I do not think they can fill it in and submit them
online. I have never come across an auto-submit form..even though I
like the convinience of fillable PDFs. Looks like you're better off
providing a form to the users and then posting it to a servlet.
Alternatively, you can have users download the editable form, fill it
in, and upload it by logging back in to your website. To create the
editable PDFs, you will need Adobe Acrobat (Standard or
Professional).

-cheers,
Manish