    how do i go ahead with it.Does it require a pdf writer compulsory to
    be installed on the client machine? which software is required for
    this other than adobe pdf reader for this?

    ruds, Nov 23, 2007

  2. ruds wrote:
    So - 'HTML' as far as the end UA is concerned.
    'n'? Please use 'and' so the people who are not so
    familiar with English slang can understand.
    Why are you asking this question on a Java
    group? It seems it would be better answered
    by a (any) group more oriented towards PDF,
    such as 'comp.text.pdf'.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.physci.org/

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 23, 2007

  3. Yes, they'd need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader at a minimum to fill in
    the forms. However, I do not think they can fill it in and submit them
    online. I have never come across an auto-submit form..even though I
    like the convinience of fillable PDFs. Looks like you're better off
    providing a form to the users and then posting it to a servlet.
    Alternatively, you can have users download the editable form, fill it
    in, and upload it by logging back in to your website. To create the
    editable PDFs, you will need Adobe Acrobat (Standard or
    Professional).

    -cheers,
    Manish

    Manish Pandit, Nov 23, 2007