RegisterHiddenField Problem

Dan Avni

i want to persist the view state to a DB on a mobile web application. i save the view state to the
DB and only want to write to the mobile form the ID of the record in the DB. when i use
RegisterHiddenField("ViewStateID", "xxxxxxxx") on my SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium override,
nothing happens and a hidden field is not rendered to the client.

i also tried creating a small test application and tried using
RegisterHiddenField("ViewStateID", "xxxxxxxx") and still nothing is rendered to the client.

why is that? how can i render a hidden field to the mobile client?

thanks
Dani avni

Dan Avni

Well i found the solution to be a bit different than ASP.NET. in mobile ASP.NET site you need to use
the MyBase.HiddenVariables collection.