Regular Expression help please...

dotnetprogram

Does anybody have a regular expression to be used in the validation controls
of asp.net that checks if the text inputted is:

1) alphanumeric and doesn't include special characters and symbols
2) but allows multilanguage characters or unicode characters

I would prefer it to the format of character set/ class.My head is totally
messed up and dizzy looking for this regex. Thanks in advance.

dotnetprogram

I can't find it there..can anybody give me a ready to use regualar
expression for my problem?..I read from msdn that the \W is for unicode
characters..it doesn't work in my case..anybody explain it to me pls??...I'm
really new in regular expressions..Thanks

Joe Gass

\W matches non-word characters

dotnetprogram said:
I can't find it there..can anybody give me a ready to use regualar
expression for my problem?..I read from msdn that the \W is for unicode
characters..it doesn't work in my case..anybody explain it to me pls??...I'm
really new in regular expressions..Thanks

Rajesh.V

This might be offhand. But why not zero in on the set of unicode nos u want
to restrict entry and just write a lil big JS code and wire it to Lost
focus/similiar event of the textbox.