regular expression help

kaeli

Hi guys,

I need to do some validation and I am not that great at regular
expressions.

What would the regexp be for
optional digit 1 or 2 followed by any digit followed by a dot followed
by either a 1 or a 2 followed by one optional letter (M, C, L, or S) and
one optional digit 1, 2, or 3 (letter may be followed by digit, but if
no letter, only one digit)?

That is, the following are valid:
d.d
d.dl
d.dld (letter must be m,c,l,s and last d must be 1,2,or 3)
dd.d (first d must be 1 or 2)
dd.dl
dd.dld

Thanks for any help...

~kaeli~
All I ask for is the chance to prove that money
cannot make me happy.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Evertjan.

What would the regexp be for
optional digit 1 or 2 followed by any digit followed by a dot followed
by either a 1 or a 2 followed by one optional letter (M, C, L, or S) and
one optional digit 1, 2, or 3 (letter may be followed by digit, but if
no letter, only one digit)?

That is, the following are valid:
d.d
d.dl
d.dld (letter must be m,c,l,s and last d must be 1,2,or 3)
dd.d (first d must be 1 or 2)
dd.dl
dd.dld

/[12]?\d\.[12]([mcls][123]?)?/i