Regular Expression Validator and RequiredFieldValidator ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by S.Kartikeyan, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. S.Kartikeyan

    S.Kartikeyan Guest

    I have the following problem.
    I am using the follwing Regular Expression validator(REV) with validator expressions
    ^[0-9]{1,2}$
    ^[a-zA-Z0-9]{3,20}$
    The idea of the first exp is 1 or 2 digits
    the idea of second expression is username between 3 and 20 chars

    When the user enters characters other than the specified REVs are working.
    But if the user leaves the textbox without entering anything
    Page.IsValid is true which indicates it is not performng any validation.

    I read that {n,m} syntax in .net regular expressions is min(n)-max(m)
    in the documentation.

    Should i also use ReguiredFieldValidator
    in addition to regular expression validator

    any one facing the same problem.

    where is the mistake in me or in .net

    S.Kartikeyan, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Martin Dechev, Feb 24, 2004