Regular Expressions........

Higgim Batham

Is there any efficient way to get the data from the following string using
the regular expressions?

Dim strTestData as String = "CST123CENTST7872828TENFST1234FEN"

In the case I am populating a variable with three values.

Customer Id : CST123CED

Where CST --->Customer ID STarting point

CED--àCustomer ID ENding point

I am keeping a value customer Id in between these two strings.

Similarly TST-> Telephone # Start point

TEN-> Telephone # ENding point

FST and FEN to store the FAX numbers.

The number of characters between start and end point will vary.

How to read the data from this string using regular expressions. I want to
read the customer Id, telephone #... etc

Higgim Batham

Chris R. Timmons

Is there any efficient way to get the data from the following
string using the regular expressions?

Dim strTestData as String = "CST123CENTST7872828TENFST1234FEN"

<code snipped>

How to read the data from this string using regular expressions.
I want to read the customer Id, telephone #... etc

Higgim,

' Untested code.

Imports System.Text.RegularExpressions

Dim m As Match = Regex.Match(input, "^CST(?<customerId>.*?)CENTST(?<telephoneNumber>.*?)TENFST(?<faxNumber>.*?)FEN$")

Dim customerId As String = m.Groups["customerId"].ToString()
Dim telephoneNumber As String = m.Groups["telephoneNumber"].ToString()
Dim faxNumber As String = m.Groups["faxNumber"].ToString()

Higgim Batham

I am getting the following error.
"Identifier expected"
I am using .NetFramework 1.1.
Thanks,
Higgim

^CST(? said:
Dim customerId As String = m.Groups["customerId"].ToString()
Dim telephoneNumber As String = m.Groups["telephoneNumber"].ToString()
Dim faxNumber As String = m.Groups["faxNumber"].ToString()

Higgim Batham

I changed the code as follows.

Dim customerId As String = m.Groups("customerId").ToString()
Dim telephoneNumber As String = m.Groups("telephoneNumber").ToString()
Dim faxNumber As String = m.Groups("faxNumber").ToString()

It started working fine.
Thanks,
Higgim

^CST(? said:
EN$")

Dim customerId As String = m.Groups["customerId"].ToString()
Dim telephoneNumber As String = m.Groups["telephoneNumber"].ToString()
Dim faxNumber As String = m.Groups["faxNumber"].ToString()

Higgim Batham

Chris,
This is what exactly I wanted and it works for me.
Thanks for the code.
Higgim