    RegexOptions.IgnoreCase ?

    Thanks,
    Alan

    A.M, May 28, 2004

  2. Alan,

    There is no property in the RegularExpressionValidator control that
    allows regex options to be set.

    If your control does both client-side and server-side validation, the
    regex must use a subset of regular expression syntax that both
    JScript and .Net can execute. In this case, to make a regex ignore
    case it is necessary to use a character class construct like [a-zA-Z]
    to match both upper and lower case characters.

    If your validation is done on the server-side only, you can use the
    more powerful .Net regular expression syntax. In this case, you can
    place the (?i) option at the beginning of the regex to tell it to
    ignore case.

    Chris R. Timmons, May 29, 2004

  3. A.M

    Ali.M Guest

    Thanks Chris,

    I actually using server side validation, so I am going to try ?i.

    Alan

    Ali.M, May 29, 2004
  4. Thanks for Chris's informative suggestion.

    Hi Alan,

    I've also tested Chris's suggestion on use the (?i) flag before your
    regex when using the serverside regex validation.
    Be care that the flag is (?i) rather than ?i.

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], May 31, 2004
  5. A.M

    A.M Guest

    Thank you Steven for hints.

    A.M, May 31, 2004
  6. A.M

    subha

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    try this code , it is working fine for me

    <asp:RegularExpressionValidator ID="rgEmailLogin" runat="server"
    ControlToValidate="txtUserNameLogin" ErrorMessage="Enter the valid email id"

    ValidationExpression="^[a-zA-Z][\w\.-]*[a-zA-Z0-9]@[a-zA-Z0-9][\w\.-]*[a-zA-Z0-9]\.[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z\.]*[a-zA-Z]$"
    ValidationGroup="vgLoginGroup">*
    </asp:RegularExpressionValidator>

    subha, Sep 23, 2011