RegularExpressionValidator doesn't ignore case

A.M

Hi,

How can I set the option of RegularExpressionValidator to
RegexOptions.IgnoreCase ?

Thanks,
Alan

Chris R. Timmons

Hi,

How can I set the option of RegularExpressionValidator to
RegexOptions.IgnoreCase ?

Alan,

There is no property in the RegularExpressionValidator control that
allows regex options to be set.

If your control does both client-side and server-side validation, the
regex must use a subset of regular expression syntax that both
JScript and .Net can execute. In this case, to make a regex ignore
case it is necessary to use a character class construct like [a-zA-Z]
to match both upper and lower case characters.

If your validation is done on the server-side only, you can use the
more powerful .Net regular expression syntax. In this case, you can
place the (?i) option at the beginning of the regex to tell it to
ignore case.

Ali.M

Thanks Chris,

I actually using server side validation, so I am going to try ?i.

Alan

Chris R. Timmons said:
Hi,

How can I set the option of RegularExpressionValidator to
RegexOptions.IgnoreCase ?

Alan,

There is no property in the RegularExpressionValidator control that
allows regex options to be set.

If your control does both client-side and server-side validation, the
regex must use a subset of regular expression syntax that both
JScript and .Net can execute. In this case, to make a regex ignore
case it is necessary to use a character class construct like [a-zA-Z]
to match both upper and lower case characters.

If your validation is done on the server-side only, you can use the
more powerful .Net regular expression syntax. In this case, you can
place the (?i) option at the beginning of the regex to tell it to
ignore case.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for Chris's informative suggestion.

Hi Alan,

I've also tested Chris's suggestion on use the (?i) flag before your
regex when using the serverside regex validation.
Be care that the flag is (?i) rather than ?i.

Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Joined
Sep 23, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
try this code , it is working fine for me

<asp:RegularExpressionValidator ID="rgEmailLogin" runat="server"
ControlToValidate="txtUserNameLogin" ErrorMessage="Enter the valid email id"

ValidationExpression="^[a-zA-Z][\w\.-]*[a-zA-Z0-9]@[a-zA-Z0-9][\w\.-]*[a-zA-Z0-9]\.[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z\.]*[a-zA-Z]$"
ValidationGroup="vgLoginGroup">*
</asp:RegularExpressionValidator>