Reloading a Frameset Page from one of it's Children

Otis Mukinfus

I have a .NET aspx page that resides in one of an html pages frames.
In another frame on the parent page I have a contents page with a menu
on it.

I want to disable some of the items in the menu after a user has
logged on.

The page that displays the menu is an aspx page. In that page I do
the reset of the menu items and it works very well.

However, I am redirecting from the logon page to the parent page
(default.html) and when the redirection occurs the default.html page
is loaded into the main frame of the frameset, showing the full html
page in the main (including the contents frame).

How can I prevent the entire html page with the frameset from being
reloaded into the main (left hand) frame of the default.html page.

Is there a way to cause the load event of the page containing the menu
to fire (so the page is refreshed) without reloading both frames in
the frameset?

Thanks in advance...

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.otismukinfus.com