Relocating - need advice

AntiriadElectronics

Hi All,

Pardon me because this is off-topic, but it is important. I have been asked
to move with my company to San Diego California, and I need some reference
point to compare what they are offering. Can anyone tell me:

- What ballpark base salary (before benefits and 401(k)) should a
Computer/Electronics engineer with about 5 years experience and detailed
product knowledge for a product support / technical sales role expect.
- What ballpark (if different from above) would a Senior Application
Engineer expect?

I have experience in FPGA/Embedded and PCB design at a systems level, with
reasonable coding ability in C and VHDL.

Thanks for any advice you may give - I appreciate it!

(Anonymity may be required on my part, so forgive me for not stating my
name)

Andy Peters

AntiriadElectronics said:
Hi All,

Pardon me because this is off-topic, but it is important. I have been asked
to move with my company to San Diego California, and I need some reference
point to compare what they are offering.

The cost of housing in the San Diego area is ridiculous. Be prepared
to spend more money than you can imagine on an 800-sq-ft shack. Also,
be prepared to commute two hours each way in dead-stop traffic.

You need to make $250K a year to make it worth your while.

-a