Remember password

Ton den Hartog

Hi,

when I create a simple login page with a password type input field, Firefox
does not ask me to remember the passwords. What is needed for this to happen
?

Ton

rf

Ton den Hartog said:
Hi,

when I create a simple login page with a password type input field,
Firefox does not ask me to remember the passwords. What is needed for this
to happen

You need to check "Remember passwords for sites" in the options for *your*
copy of firefox.

Ton den Hartog

That is already done but a simple page like below doesn't trigget FF to ask
to remember...

Ton

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<form name="form1" onsubmit="alert('Hello');">
<input type="password" name="textfield">
</form>

rf

Ton den Hartog said:
That is already done but a simple page like below doesn't trigget FF to
ask to remember...
<form name="form1" onsubmit="alert('Hello');">
<input type="password" name="textfield">
</form>

Probably because it is not a valid form. The required "action" attribute is
missing. I would imagine the browser would use the contents of the action
attribute, along with the URL of the page, as a key to the saved pasword. No
action, no save. More to the point, no action, no *need* to save since that
form is not going anywhere.

As the specification state about action: "User agent behaviour for a value
other than an HTTP URI is undefined".