Remote Debugging

Simon Harris

Hi All,

I am trying to debug a on a remote server. Probably not relevent, but I
should mention that I have two two projects within 1 solution, the prijects
are on different servers, one of which I can debug on AOK. WHen I tried to
debug on the 2nd server, VS told me debugging was not installed, so I did
the following after reading up:

- Installed remote debugging:
msiexec /qb+ /i e:\vs_setup.msi NOVSUI=1 TRANSFORMS="e:\Setup\Rmt9x.mst"
SERVER_SETUP=1 ADDLOCAL=Full_Remote_Debugging

- Put developers in the local administators, developers and debuggers groups

Now, if in vs tools > debug processes > I enter the machine name. The
processes are now listed, but not aspnet_wp.exe

So...

I then found an article about aspnet_wp.exe not being available, which
suggested the following:

1) Run aspnet_iis.exe -i - Did this, completed without error
2) Run rgsvr32 aspnet_isapi.dll - Did this, completed without error

Now, when I visit an ASPX/ASMX page on the server, it always returns a 404
error - EVen when I switch directory browsing on and click on a page in the
list!!

Also, aspnet_wp.exe is still not available in the list on processes for that
server within VS debugging.

GRRRRR :)

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks,