Remote Debugging

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Harris, Mar 1, 2005.

  1. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    Hi All,

    I am trying to debug a on a remote server. Probably not relevent, but I
    should mention that I have two two projects within 1 solution, the prijects
    are on different servers, one of which I can debug on AOK. WHen I tried to
    debug on the 2nd server, VS told me debugging was not installed, so I did
    the following after reading up:

    - Installed remote debugging:
    msiexec /qb+ /i e:\vs_setup.msi NOVSUI=1 TRANSFORMS="e:\Setup\Rmt9x.mst"
    SERVER_SETUP=1 ADDLOCAL=Full_Remote_Debugging

    - Put developers in the local administators, developers and debuggers groups

    Now, if in vs tools > debug processes > I enter the machine name. The
    processes are now listed, but not aspnet_wp.exe

    So...

    I then found an article about aspnet_wp.exe not being available, which
    suggested the following:

    1) Run aspnet_iis.exe -i - Did this, completed without error
    2) Run rgsvr32 aspnet_isapi.dll - Did this, completed without error

    Now, when I visit an ASPX/ASMX page on the server, it always returns a 404
    error - EVen when I switch directory browsing on and click on a page in the
    list!!

    Also, aspnet_wp.exe is still not available in the list on processes for that
    server within VS debugging.

    GRRRRR :)

    Any help would be much appreciated! :)

    Thanks,