RenderContents

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Doug Holland, Sep 17, 2004.

  1. Doug Holland

    Doug Holland Guest

    I'm overriding

    RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer)

    in a control with the DropDownList control as its parent. I also have a
    private member variable:

    private ISomeInterface m_someInterface;

    m_someInterface is initialized in the constructor with an object realizing
    the interface however when I get into RenderContents m_someInterface is null.

    I know there is obviously an easy answer to this and I've not had enough
    coffee this morning, but can someone tell me how to be able to have the
    variable m_someInterface be available here.

    Setting the variable as static isn't an option because I want different
    instances of the control to have different values of m_someInterface.

    Regards,

    Doug

    Doug Holland, Sep 17, 2004