    Any help / pointer welcome
    TIA
    Sam Martin

    Sam Martin, Sep 15, 2004

  2. When you are rendering your button, what are you setting the client onclick
    event to?

    You should be setting the onclick to the Page.GetPostBackClientEvent method.

    I usually pass it this and the args.

    IE

    this.Attributes["onclick"] = Page.GetPostBackClientEvent( this, "args" );

    The "args" will be passed to your RaisePostBackEvent method and you could
    process it then.

    bill

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Sep 15, 2004

  3. Sam Martin

    Sam Martin Guest

    thanks bill, i just sussed that out, but thanks - at least i know i've got
    it right....but....

    when i perform a callback from an HTML control thats not a submit button,
    the LoadPostData() method is not called.

    it's called when a submit html button submits the form, but not when called
    from an onclick event (from javascript method)

    do you know why that would be?

    thanks again
    sam

    Sam Martin, Sep 15, 2004
  4. Sam Martin

    Sam Martin Guest

    ok, i've sussed it.

    need a call to
    Page.RegisterRequiresPostBack(this);

    if anyone loosks at this for future ref.

    thanks anyway bill

    sam

    Sam Martin, Sep 15, 2004
  5. Yes, you were right on track.

    Sorry I didn't get back to you, but you didn't need help anyway. <grin>
    You probably picked up on some other tidbits of knowledge looking it up!

    bill

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Sep 15, 2004