rendering PDF and trying to display a message

David Cho

I hope I can describe the dilemma precisely.

I have code to render PDF output in a browser window (using a third
party control that merges PDF files and renders the PDF output in the
browser window).

While rendering PDF in the browser window, I would also like to display
a message of some sort. But here is the problem.

Doing javascript alert window won't work because you cannot render HTML
and PDF in the same browser window. So I attempted starting another
instance of brower, but that too will take javascript (window.open()).

Does anyone know how to address this? The only thing I can think of is
doing an inlet, which I don't know how to do yet.

Guest

Display the pdf in an iframe on an html page. You can even make the iframe
take up the entire web page so that it looks like the pdf is all that is
displayed.