Reprocessing request on response.redirect command???

Milan Todorovic

I need some help with my ASP.NET application.

The central part of the application is very processing intensive page that
can take up to several minutes to process the complex queries and load the
aspx page (processing occurs during page load). After it loads the page
contains the datagrid (holding a result recordset) and a rather simple web
component that contains the several buttons for redirecting.

The problem occurs if the page is loaded with the massive recordset. If upon
redefine query) the page hangs. It does not really hang, it looks as if the
page is attempting to reprocess the request containing all the parameters it
redirects the response. Effectively, the users have to wait twice. If the
query is simple I do not experience these problems, but then again, the
processing time for a simple query is the minor.

The button being clicked has one simple line behind it:
response.redirect("targetPage.aspx"). I have tried to clear the request
buffer before sending the redirect command but that does not help.
Any ideas on how to solve the problem.
Thanks

Milan Todorovic

Scott Allen

The Page_Load event will occur before the event handler for the
button. Do you check the IsPostBack property in Page_Load before
performing the expensive queries and binding?