Request.ServerVariables("Logon_User")

T.

Hello,

I'm trying to pull the logon user's name using
Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")...which is returning nothing...so I
need help in determining why it's returning nothing, or I need the format in
which it returns the username so that I can hard code it. Does it return
anything with the username?

Thanks...

Shiva

Hi,
It will be empty if anonymous access is allowed. Deny anonymous
authentication and turn on Basic, Digest or Integrated auth to force
authentication and hence get a value for LOGON_USER server variable.

HTH

Hello,

I'm trying to pull the logon user's name using
Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")...which is returning nothing...so I
need help in determining why it's returning nothing, or I need the format in
which it returns the username so that I can hard code it. Does it return
anything with the username?

Thanks...

T.

Shiva my friend...this is exactly what I did...and no luck.

strLoginID = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")
response.write strLoginID

Returns nothing....

Marina

Do you have only windows authentication on, on the virtual directory your
app is in?

T.

That option is selected but not available...so I tried every possible
combinations for those options...also my web.config authenication is set to
"Windows"

William F. Robertson, Jr.

What do you mean the option for integrated authentication is "selected but
not available"?

If you are using NT authentication, dump the logon_user lookup and go with
User.Idenity.Name.

bill

Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

In my virtual directory security, whenever I disable the anonymous access and Integrated windows authentication checked, users from my intranet site have to logon with there windows login. Is there a way to bypass the logon?

Thanks,

Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") displays login info, but it displays the user logged on to the server and not the local user name.