Required Field Validators

Big E

I'm using ASP.Net.
I have a form that uses Required Field Validators.
If the user tried to click a create new record button and certain fields
aren't filled out then the RFV's show up.
My problem is when a user wants to close the form without adding a new
record and there's nothing in the fields it won't close.
I've tried to create in the vb code a way to turn off the validators but
they happen before the validator disable function runs.

Thanks.

John Saunders

Big E said:
I'm using ASP.Net.
I have a form that uses Required Field Validators.
If the user tried to click a create new record button and certain fields
aren't filled out then the RFV's show up.
My problem is when a user wants to close the form without adding a new
record and there's nothing in the fields it won't close.
I've tried to create in the vb code a way to turn off the validators but
they happen before the validator disable function runs.

Perhaps you should add a Cancel button, with CausesValidation turned off?
That button could be used to cancel the entry of the new row, even though
not all of the new fields will have been filled in.