RequiredFieldValidator Will Not Submit Form

Paul Hethmon

I've got a strange behavior on a new machine. I cannot get a web page
with a RequiredFieldValidator to submit the form.

My test case is simply a new project, add a textbox, a label, a
button, and a required field validator. Connect the ReqFV to the
textbox. In the onclick event for the button, copy the textbox
contents to the label to show something is working. If I *disable* the
client side validation, or use a browser other than IE (meaning the
framework disables client side), then the form will submit and do the
right thing. If I use IE and *enable* client side validation, then the
validator will work, meaning show the error message or hide it based
on the contents of the textbox, but will never submit the form.

I have run the aspnet_reregiis thingy already.
I have reinstalled/update visual studio and framework.
I have searched google and msdn.
I have loosened security.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks,

Paul

Paul Hethmon

Craig,

Followed the link and tried what it said. I copied the client side
files from:

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ASP.NETClientFiles

to my aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322 directory. They had the same
dates before I did the copy. Copied them anyhow. After that, the thing
started working. I had already run the aspnet_regiis utility which
should have done the same thing. Heck if I know but it's working now.
Paul