Resizing browser resubmits perl script

llbbl

I have a form that pulls information from a database and displays the
results, a search page if you will. Uses the DBI and CGI cpan modules
currently.

Any ideas on how I can get it to _not_ resubmit the data when the
browser window is resized? It is rather annoying. A popup window comes
up in Firefox asking if I want to resubmit the form data. Opera just
resubmits it automatically without asking. I haven't tried IE, but I
don't really care what it does.

David Squire

llbbl said:
I have a form that pulls information from a database and displays the
results, a search page if you will. Uses the DBI and CGI cpan modules
currently.

Any ideas on how I can get it to _not_ resubmit the data when the
browser window is resized? It is rather annoying. A popup window comes
up in Firefox asking if I want to resubmit the form data. Opera just
resubmits it automatically without asking. I haven't tried IE, but I
don't really care what it does.

.... and your Perl question was?

Your perl script runs on the server. What you are describing is
happening in the client (browser), and is almost certainly due to
javascript. Resizing a window containing only HTML does not cause a
resubmit.

You are in the wrong group.

DS

llbbl

Hmm yea I guess it is happening because of the javascript. Sorry I
forgot about that since it is apart of a include file and not my perl
code.

Thanks David. I'll go and look at the javascript and see if I can find
a solution.

llbbl

I see two main solutions to this problem.

1) Sessions in perl, which I haven't done before and should be fun.
2) A different include file that is read in after form data submited
which doesn't resbumit the browser, but could screw up the reason for
resubmiting the page.