Resolution Problem

mac

Hi!

Is there anyway of how to fix the size for different resolution in
my controls in ASP.Net?

Thanks
Mac

Guest

CSS, overall, is the easiest way to set up layouts that change with
resolution. Use percentages rather than set values. Is it perfect? No. But,
it is the least amount of work and works well in a variety of scenarios.

The benefit of CSS is it is applied in the browser, so you do not have to
put up a mechanism to query for resolution to determine how to display the
page (only IE offers this information before you ask, so you end up using
JavaScript to postback info on the user's setup. Yuck!).

It really depends on the precision you need. If absolutely precise, you will
have to code this in as part of your application. If there is an acceptable
compromise in CSS, I would use it as it is much easier than reinventing the
wheel.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA